POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Double planetoid again again : Double planetoid again again Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Double planetoid again again
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 6 Mar 2008 06:40:01
Message: <web.47cfd76972bcc4eb731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Having vastly improved my tetrahedral boulder, I've gone back to the whole
double planetoid again. Since my main motivation for tinkering was to speed up
the rendering (which succeeded completely), I rendered the whole scene at 3000
x 3000. It finished late last night, taking almost 115 hours on a single-core
2.4GHz AMD with the 64-bit linux POV-Ray 3.6.1.

There are some problems, mostly invisible on the 1200 x 1200 version shown here;
there are radiosity artifacts around some of the doorways and some of the
foliage is sticking through the buildings. This should be simple to correct,
which, technically, makes even this epic version a test render...

Since I'm still tinkering, comments are welcome! ;-)

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'triplanet2.jpg' (260 KB)